Get hands-on with this A Makers’ Studio Maker Monday project! This carefully curated kit contains everything you need to make your own chinoiserie placemats alongside A Makers’ Studio founder Amy Howard. After walking through the project with Amy on this week’s Maker Monday Facebook live, you’ll be setting the table with two unique, toile-patterned placemats that look authentically vintage!
Purchase this exclusive Maker Monday kit to get all the supplies you need to follow along with Amy’s video tutorial!
Materials You’ll Need
The Chinoiserie Patterned Placemats Kit, which includes:
- 2 placemat boards
- Summer Nights Rescue Restore sample paint
- Peace And Joy ChalkArt™ sample
- Hush Your Mouth Gel Art Ink sample
- Toile stencil
- Sponge brush
- 2 recipe cards: one for your placemats and one for making your own chinoiserie napkin using the stencil and Gel Art Ink.
You’ll also need a glass or ceramic bowl to hold your paint.
How to Make Your Own Chinoiserie Patterned Placemats
- Pour a small amount of Summer Nights Rescue Restore paint into a clean bowl.
- Using your sponge brush, apply a thin coat of Summer Nights
paintto one side of your board.
- Allow to dry, then apply a thin second coat of paint.
4. Lay out the stencil on your board. Once the stencil is laid out, you should see a small margin of space at the top and bottom of your board. Now that you know how you’ll lay out your stencil, remove the adhesive backing and adhere the stencil to your board.
5. Make sure that the stencil is smooth and flat.
6. Using the spreader, take a small dab of the Peace And Joy ChalkArt™ and spread it evenly across the stencil, pushing it through so it hits the mat.
7. Peel off the stencil. Wash it with warm soap and water, and lay flat to dry.
8. Repeat these steps with your second placemat board and let them fully dry.
Want more of Amy’s tips for making these beautifully patterned placemats? Make sure to tune into the Maker Monday video on our Facebook page.
More from Maker Mondays
Check out Maker Mondays on our Facebook page every Monday at 10 am Central! In every new Maker Monday video, Amy guides you through a Maker Monday kit and answers your questions live. Like and follow A Makers’ Studio so you don’t miss out!