Have you seen those lovely canvases that look like beautiful, almost marbled, abstract art? These “dirty pour” projects are very popular right now — and for good reason. They are easy and make a lovely décor statement! The March/April Make With Joy subscription comes with the supplies you need to learn the “dirty pour” technique PLUS you get access to a virtual workshop with our founder and DIY expert Amy Howard. She will teach you everything you need to know to use the supplies inside your carefully curated delivery!
What’s included in the Make With Joy Kit?
- 20×20 surface
- 2 Blessed Rescue Restore Paint 2oz
- 1 Sunday Nap Rescue Restore Paint 2oz
- 1 Southern Gentleman Rescue Restore Paint 2oz
- 1 Glaze sampler
- 1 Gold Mica Powder sampler
- 1 Chip Brush
You will also need cups, spoons, and some type of drop cloth.
How to Create Your Own “Dirty Pour” Canvas
- Paint the back of your surface in the Blessed Rescue Restore Paint, using your chip brush. Allow it to dry fully.
2. Pour each paint color into a cup.
3. Add 3 tsp of glaze to each cup and 1 tsp of water. Mix together well.
4. In small cups or jars, start to layer the paints, trying to not create the same pattern in each container.
5. Dump colors onto the surface one at a time in different areas. Lift your surface and move the paint in different directions. Keep shifting your surface until the paint spills over the edges of your surface.
6. Splatter small amounts of mica powder onto your wet painting using your fingers or dip a toothbrush onto the powder and flick it onto your painting.
7. Let the surface dry for a full day before hanging your beautiful artwork!
Whether you’re decorating your home with this beautiful piece of art or giving it as a gift, we want to see your masterpiece! Tag @amakersstudio on Instagram and use #enjoythebraggingrights to make sure we (and your community of fellow Makers) can see your one-of-a-kind poured art!